In 1929, the founders of Hotelschool The Hague envisioned an organisation, fully dedicated to hospitality education, which would make a fundamental contribution to the advancement and excellence of hospitality management. Today, the hotel school’s mission has expanded to include the pursuit of high quality and interdisciplinary research that is of significance to international hospitality management practice, hospitality management education, and academia.
- Can you tell me more about your research projects?
- Who works for the Centre?
- Where can I find information about your events?
- Do you collaborate with industry?
- Where can I find information about City Hospitality?
- Dr. Daphne Dekker (professor of Hospitality, Personality and Behaviour) has obtained a RAAK MKB research grant of 300.000 Euros regarding the research question: How can a hotelmanager select, coach and lead personnel to behave in such a way that guests perceive the personnel as being genuine hospitable? In the next two years, the Chair will collaborate with several national and international partners regarding this project: Dutch MKB hotels (e.g. Het Roode Kooper, De Zon, De Swarte Ruyter, Kasteel Engelenburg, Librije's Hotel, Merlet, Pincoffs, Posthoorn), Quality Lodgings, Koninklijke Horeca Nederland, Saxion Kenniscentrum Hospitality, de Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University and Pennsylvania State University.
- Professor Van der Rest has joined the Award Committee of the I-CHRIE annual conference (2011-2014 term).