IFT programme - Foreign applicants
Foreign applicants need to have a secondary school diploma that allows them entry to university (or German Fachhochschule) in their own country, plus a diploma from a hospitality course in full-time education that lasted at least two years.
In addition, applicants must show proficiency in English. Those who have followed at least two years full-time education with English as the language of instruction in the preceeding three calender years, are deemed to have fulfilled this requirement. Those applicants to whom this does not apply, must submit proof of sufficient scores inone of the following English tests:
- TOEFL test - Minimum score 80 Internet-based and 550 paper-based
- IELTS test - Minimum score 6.0
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency - Any pass grade
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English - Grade A, B, or C
- Cambridge First Certificate - Grade A
If you do not meet the requirements you can always apply for the regular four-year Bachelor programme.