Conditions of employment
Hotelschool The Hague has high expectations of her staff members and in return provides for excellent conditions of employment.
The pay and benefits policy includes:
- a salary in accordance with the cao-hbo (collective employment agreement);
- a 13th month;
- employees with working weeks of 40 hours are entitled to 428 hours (53 days) of leave with retention of salary per calendar year;
- a retirement pension through ABP;
- excellent opportunities for further education;
- generous leave entitlements;
- the possibility to participate in collective (health) insurance.
As an institute of knowledge, the Hotelschool invests in the development of its employees. An HBO school should strive to invest 1.8% of the total personnel costs in education and development. Hotelschool The Hague has been investing a higher amount for years now; for example, this was 3.7% in 2011.
The collective employment agreement is available in both Dutch and English and can be found online at www.hbo-raad.nl
In October 2010 an employee satisfaction survey has been carried out amongst the employees of the Hotelschool The Hague.
Hotelschool The Hague scores with a satisfaction score of 7.0 better than the national average of universities and higher education (6.8). Employees are satisfied, which results in loyalty. A high percentage of employees would recommend Hotelschool The Hague as an employer to acquaintances. The employees of Hotelschool The Hague are most satisfied about the resources, safety, the contents of their work and the perspective.
- 88% of the employees are proud to work for Hotelschool The Hague and would recommend Hotelschool The Hague as an employer to acquaintances
- 75% of the employees say their work is inspiring.
- 69% is overall slightly to extremely satisfied about working at Hotelschool The Hague
Top 10 most positive aspects of working at Hotelschool The Hague:
1. The collegiality within your department scores 8.13 out of 10
2. The fun in your work scores 8.12 out of 10
3. The safety at your workspace workplace scores 8.12 out of 10
4. The resources available in order to work safely scores 8.01 out of 10
5. Cooperation with your colleagues within the department a 7.91 out of 10
6. The variety in your work scores a 7.90 out of 10
7. The clarity of the purpose of your work scores a 7.78 out of 10
8. Information and instructions in order to work safely scores a 7.76 out of 10
9. The accessibility of your immediate superior scores a 7.66 out of 10
10. The freedom in carrying out your work scores a 7.57 out of 10
(Employee Satisfaction Survey, Integron October 2010)
Robert Gallicano, Lecturer F&B
"The most rewarding part of my job is working with an amazing group of seriously motivated and inspiring students. Furthermore, Hotelschool The Hague allows me to apply and utilize my past experiences while offering me the opportunity to attend international conferences and trade shows for future growth and development - both personally and professionally."
Ieta van den Hout, Lecturer Training Management Skills
"Hotelschool The Hague is an outstanding employer. The school will facilitate you generosly in all possible ways if there are problems in your family situation."