Apply for Fast track - Bachelor in Hospitality Management
If you’re ready to apply to Hotelschool The Hague, the first thing you need to do is register with Studielink. You will receive an automatic response from Hotelschool The Hague within five weekdays, including a direct link to our application form.
You will need to submit several documents when you apply online. We recommend that you have all of these documents ready before starting the online registration.
Application journey - step by step
In order to submit your application you need to register via Studielink first. This is the national information system for Dutch universities of applied sciences (Hogescholen), research universities, and the Education Executive Agency (Dienst Uitvoering Onderwijs). You can access Studielink 24 hours a day and seven days a week to enroll or to cancel your enrolment.
Please do not forget to cancel your enrolment in case you are no longer interested in applying for Hotelschool The Hague.
1. Log in to Studielink and create/log in to your account.
If you are a resident of the Netherlands
Log in with your personal DigiD code. If you do not yet have a DigiD code, you can request one at DigiD. Kindly note that it can take up to 5 working days before your DigiD request has been processed.
If you are not resident in the Netherlands
2. Submit an enrolment request
Select “New enrolment request” and follow the instructions given.
3. After submitting your enrolment request
Hotelschool The Hague will receive your Studielink registration automatically and will start processing it. You should immediately receive an email from Hotelschool the Hague including a direct link to the registration form in our system called OSIRIS. Please submit your application at your earliest convenience. Completing the online application form will take about 45 minutes.
Please make sure all documents are:
- in English
- in PDF
- original and official
Required documents are:
- A copy of your passport or European ID card: for international applicants ONLY
- A copy of your diplomas and most recent final grade lists. If you have not yet obtained your diploma we require an official copy of your most recent grade list or school report. Please note that we only accept official documents provided by your school. An official English translation needs to be attached in case the original language is other than Dutch, German, or French.
- Contact details of your school and student counselor (if available).
- An evaluation form of your previous followed placement (dated, signed, and graded by your placement company) and placement report, including the grade you received for your placement (if available).
- Motivation letter (maximum 2 A4 pages) and resume in English. Please clearly state the name and location of your (future) placement in your resume.
- Reference letters from former employers (if applicable) plus a letter of recommendation from your placement supervisor. This letter of recommendation must include the start date and end date of the placement, the department(s) worked in, and the contact details of the person that has written the letter of recommendation.
- A copy of your TOEFL, TOEIC, IELTS, or Cambridge test results (if applicable).
- A copy of your 'MBO aanbevelingsbrief'(Dutch IFT-applicants only).
If you cannot attend the selection day, please let us know as soon as possible via e-mail (email@example.com), preferably at least one week prior to the selection day. You are kindly requested to also state the reason why you are unable to attend.
- Completing the online application form will take about 45 minutes
- After creating your account in Studielink the link to the application form will be sent in an e-mail. Do not forget to carefully complete the form in order to complete your application for Hotelschool The Hague. Kindly note that your application is only valid if we received your Studielink registration together with your completed application form.
- If you do not receive the e-mail, please ensure you check your junk mail.
- We aim to review your application within 3 to 4 weeks after the submission. You will receive an automatic email once your application has been processed.
- Please do not forget to cancel your enrolment in Studielink in case you are no longer interested in applying for Hotelschool The Hague.
Candidates who have applied and met the entry requirements will be invited to a Selection Day. These days are held in the Netherlands and abroad.
If you meet the admission requirements, we will invite you to start our selection procedure so we can discover more about your abilities and reasons for applying.
We highly recommend attending the selection procedure on campus. This will give you a chance to visit our campus, meet members of our faculty and staff, and talk to students. If you’re unable to join us on-campus, don’t worry: we also have an online selection procedure.
The selection procedure consists of three different parts:
1. Online testing
You need to participate in three online tests, to be completed at home:
- Numerical test
- Oxford English test
- Knowledge test
2. Interview & pitch
Use the selection interview to share your enthusiasm for joining our programme and your passion for the hospitality industry. You are also asked to prepare a pitch to share information about yourself. Your selectors will also pose questions related to the Essay you wrote earlier. Lastly, you will be asked to make a closing statement at the end of the interview. In total, the interview/pitch process lasts approximately 50 minutes.
In the coming 4 to 6 weeks following your selection day, you will receive the outcome of your application. Where applicable, you will need to accept the offer and you'll be contacted by Hotelschool The Hague about the following steps and your arrival at Skotel- campus Amsterdam for the summer course
Frequently asked questions
All candidates must obtain an official English Certificate.
Approximately 70 students are welcomed per year into this programme.
You are always welcome to send your CV to the Admissions Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a check.
You need to have worked in a 3/4/5 star hotel for at least 19 weeks.