You will join a multidisciplinary team of professionals in a challenging but friendly environment. The school community is international, which means both the educational program and all business communication are done in English. Hotelschool The Hague has developed an excellent reputation over 90 years; the result of the structured & innovative educational program and the experience and quality of our staff, instructors, and lecturers.
The Academic and Corporate Affairs Department (ACAD) is the department of Hotelschool The Hague that offers educational support and is responsible for a range of services including legal advice, Learning Management System advice, and policy advice.
ACAD is based both on-campus in The Hague and campus in Amsterdam, therefore you must be willing to work in both locations.
General function description
- Further developing and executing the standard of education at Hotelschool The Hague;
- Supporting the Bachelor's and both Master's programmes in topics related to didactics, education, and quality of education;
- Developing tools and reports for mid-term reviews and preparing tools and reports for accreditations;
- Developing assessment and didactical policies and teaching training courses on assessment and didactics to lecturers and instructors;
- Develops, updates, and prepares didactical policies and gives didactical training to internal staff;
- Participating in internal and external workshops, conferences, and other gatherings on higher education;
- You might be preparing both short- and long-term advice reports and recommendations for management and the Board of Directors on relevant educational topics;
- You may be asked to facilitate and advise management and staff about the implementation of curriculum development, didactics, digital transformation, and education technology;
- Together with the ACAD teamwork on experience management within the educational programmes and beyond.
You are passionate about higher education and are well versed in didactics and the latest development in tertiary education. You are able to assess the existing curricula for vertical and horizontal alignment and can pinpoint areas for improvement.
- Several years of experience in an educational advisory position;
- Experience with quality assurance for NVAO accreditations for universities of applied sciences;
- Knowledge of quality assurance for the distinctive feature of small and intense education is a bonus;
- You hold a Senior Examination Qualification (SKE).
- Demonstrable experience in writing memos and advice reports on education, didactics, and quality of education;
- Strong analytical skills and excellent communicative skills;
- A Master's degree in Educational Sciences, Didactics, or similar;
- The ability to work independently, whilst being part of a team;
- A proactive attitude towards problem-solving;
- Excellent verbal command of the English and Dutch language (at least C1);
- Alignment with the vision, mission, and strategy of Hotelschool The Hague;
- An inspiring team player for all Hotelschool The Hague faculty and staff;
- Insights into and knowledge of current affairs and developments in (hospitality) management are a plus.
Hotelschool The Hague offers a salary based on scale 12 of the labour agreement of Universities of Applied Science (CAO HBO) with a range between €4.534,43 and €5.831,60 gross, depending on your professional experience and qualifications. This is a permanent position (D3 contract).
In addition, Hotelschool The Hague offers:
- A 13th month;
- An excellent package of fringe benefits;
- Employees with a 40-hour working week are entitled to 428 hours (53 days) of leave annually with retention of salary;
- A pension plan through ABP;
- Excellent opportunities for further personal development;
- Compensation towards your health insurance expenses;
- Option to make use of group discounts for multiple insurances;
- Travel allowances for commuting to and from work;
- Most importantly you would work for an organization that strives to have a positive impact on society, helping to develop future leaders in the hospitality industry
Hotelschool The Hague works with a 40-hour workweek. The starting date for this position is as soon as possible depending on the notice period of the applicant.
The work location for this position is inflexible, but you are willing to work at our school campus in The Hague and Amsterdam; hybrid working is possible.
Additional information can be provided by Ms. Wendy Smeets email@example.com Team Lead for ACAD.
An English language proficiency test may be part of the selection procedure. Upon receiving an offer, a certificate of conduct (VOG) is required.
How to apply
We look forward to receiving your English CV and motivation letter. Kindly submit your CV and motivation letter to the attention of Ms. N. Winklaar, Corporate Recruiter. The application deadline is 9 May 2022.
To apply please select the apply button, if this button is not visible you may send your cv and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org