Food and Beverage Instructor - Service
You will join a multidisciplinary team of professionals in a challenging but friendly environment. The school community is international, which means both the educational program and all business communication are done in English. Hotelschool The Hague has developed an excellent reputation over 90 years; the result of the structured & innovative educational program and the experience and quality of our staff and lecturers.
Hotelschool The Hague students need practical education to fully develop their hands-on approach and hospitality management skills. They gain this experience in our own facilities: at both campuses, there are different restaurant concepts and a hotel where students learn and practice essential F&B and hospitality skills.
General function description
- You will work on our various restaurant concepts.
- At the Hotelschool, second-year students who have completed their internship, manage the first-year students during their practical education in the F&B facilities.
- You coach and supervise both these groups and train them in the field of F&B service.
- Additionally, you teach and participate in workshops and other educational activities.
- Your tasks and responsibilities will be to provide instructions to the students and to guide and support, observe and evaluate the students’ performance.
- You coach the students to reach for excellence and give them a taste of what providing great service really means.
- You will also contribute to the development of the Practical Education programme.
- A Bachelor's degree or intermediate vocational education graduate (MBO-4 level) with professional and intellectual skills at the Bachelor level;
- A minimum of 5 years work experience in different fields of service; Fine-Dining Restaurants, Bar, Banqueting, and or Events.
- Familiar with a range of contemporary restaurant concepts;
- A qualified coach and experience in supervising junior staff or students;
- A team player; within our team, this means that you are a flexible, committed, trustworthy, innovative, and convincing colleague;
- The ability to work independently, whilst being part of a team;
- A proactive attitude towards problem-solving;
- Excellent verbal and written command of both Dutch and English;
- Willing to work irregular hours late and early shifts and occasionally during the weekends;
- An affinity with education;
- Alignment to the vision, mission and strategy of Hotelschool The Hague;
- Insights into and knowledge of current affairs and developments in (hospitality) management;
- Very knowledgeable in wines, cocktails, barista and other service-related products;
- Good social and communicating skills;
- Good at planning & organising;
- Ability to deal with stress;
- A team player but able to work independently;
- Shows initiative;
Hotelschool The Hague offers a salary based on scale 8 the labour agreement of Universities of Applied Science (CAO HBO) with a range between € 2.650,87 and € 3.549,29 gross per month, depending on your professional experience and qualifications.
In addition, Hotelschool The Hague offers:
- A 13th month;
- An excellent package of fringe benefits;
- Employees with a 40-hour working week are entitled to 428 hours (53 days) of leave annually with retention of salary;
- Excellent opportunities for further personal development;
- Compensation towards representation clothing costs;
- Compensation towards your health insurance expenses;
- Option to make use of group discounts for multiple insurances;
- Travel allowances for commuting to and from work;
- A pension plan through ABP;
- Most importantly you would work for an organisation that strives to have a positive impact on society, helping to develop future leaders in the hospitality industry.
The working days for this position are Monday-Friday, occasionally there are events in the weekends but this is scheduled amongst the team of colleagues. The starting date for this position is as soon as possible depending on the possible notice period. This position is for a fixed period of 1 year, with the possibility to receive an extension of this contract. You will be located in Amsterdam but are willing to work at our Campus in The Hague on occasions.
Should you require additional information about this position you may contact Teamleader F&B Mr. E. Plagge at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mr. J. de Vos (Lecturer and Teamleader Practical Education & Operations) by email at J.de.Vos@hotelschool.nl.
An English language proficiency test may be part of the selection procedure. Upon receiving a job offer, a certificate of conduct (VOG) is required.
How to apply
We look forward to receiving your English CV and motivation letter. Kindly submit your CV and motivation letter to the attention of Ms. N. Winklaar, Corporate Recruiter.
The Deadline for applications is 15 May 2022.
To apply please select the apply button, if this button is not visible you may send your cv and motivation letter to email@example.com