Are you up for the next step in your career, inspire and lead our ICT team. As an IT manager, you make sure Hotelschool The Hague is always connected, ensuring a smooth and secure operation throughout every department. Your team services every student and employee efficiently and hospitable. You are end to end responsible for all phases of the IT service lifecycle (Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation, Continuous Service Improvement).
About the department
The ICT department manages the corporate network (spread over 3 locations) for approximately 250 co-workers and 2600 students and consists of about 10 employees, of which 4 are responsible for the 1st line helpdesk. The other employees are responsible for network and system management, security, application management, workplace management, and project management. The ICT department is part of the general support departments within the cluster of the chairman of the Executive Board.
- You will represent IT on various project and steering boards, ensuring high visibility of progress and take a proactive leadership role in resolving Hotelschool needs, risks, and issues;
- As the IT Manager you will effectively manage the IT delivery for new projects and enhancements, managing the solution design, build, test, and implementation activities;
- You will be responsible for continuously reviewing processes to support the reduction of error and improving the customer experience in the customer digital journey through the Hotelschool. Taking accountability and driving actions through to resolution;
- You initiate and support change via project and portfolio management, IT architecture and IT advice;
- You will analyse, formulates long-term, and translates strategic (educational) goals and policy into (multi-year) long-term policy and integral policy for the total area of the department/organisation;
- You are responsible for the development of the multi-year departmental plan (including drafting and budget) and lead the implementation within the set budget;
- You will monitor and discuss the progress of the departmental plans with the other managers and educational advisors and the progress of the execution of the department plans with the Executive Board and department heads;
- Coordinates the development and implementation of long-term and integral policies, processes, procedures, and services related to the area of the department, and provides advice to the Executive Board;
- You will manage strategic and multidisciplinary projects/programs, supervises the ICT information manager and project leaders, and ensures the cohesion of the programme;
- Monitors, analyses and evaluates the impact of activities, identify obstacles in implementation, adjusts, if necessary, and informs the Executive Board and management;
- Responsible for the quality management of the department and for customer satisfaction;
- Periodically reports on policy aspects to the Executive Board and the management;
- Motivate, inspire and develop the employees in your team. support and inspire team members in realizing project targets and create an open culture where every team member feels challenged and committed to realizing the best result;
- Define a portfolio (projects and agile initiatives) and coordinate of execution of these initiatives and monitor the progress of execution and take measures to remove roadblocks when necessary;
- Maintain and expand own network with relevant key stakeholders and develop, analyze and report on current and future business and education needs.
We want you to become successful in this position. When reading through your resume, we would like to read that you have/are:
- A positive outlook (stress resistance), Performance orientation, organisational awareness and inspiring leadership;
- A pro-active discussion & sparring partner for Management, staff, the Board of Directors, Executive Board (CvB), Educational Advisors, Ciso, Information manager, and suppliers.
- A relevant university (Master’s) degree;
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience, preferably within the higher education institution
- Experience managing a team of IT professionals;
- Excellent theoretical knowledge of complex ICT networks and systems;
- Experience translating complex technical issues to stakeholders/end-users;
- Experience to be able to communicate and negotiate at different levels;
- Excellent ICT, analytical and leading skills, is persuasive, and possesses excellent communication skills (oral and written);
- The following competencies: Encourages cooperation, Analytical Thinking, Intercultural sensitivity & communicative, Conceptual thinking, Coach and mentor;
- Excellent verbal command of the English and Dutch language (at least C1);
What we offer
Hotelschool The Hague offers a salary based on scale 12 the labour agreement of Universities of Applied Science (CAO HBO) with a range between € 4.715,81 and 6.064,86 gross per month, depending on your professional experience and qualifications.
In addition, Hotelschool The Hague offers:
- A 13th month;
- An excellent package of fringe benefits;
- Employees with a 40-hour working week are entitled to 428 hours (53 days) of leave annually with retention of salary;
- Excellent opportunities for further personal development;
- Compensation towards your health insurance expenses;
- Option to make use of group discounts for multiple insurances;
- Travel allowances for commuting to and from work;
- A laptop and Telephone (or sim card) are provided for this position;
- A pension plan through ABP;
- Most importantly you would work for an organisation that strives to have a positive impact on society, helping to develop future leaders in the hospitality industry.
How to apply
We look forward to receiving your English CV and motivation letter. Kindly submit your CV and motivation letter to the attention of Ms. Charlotte Kloos, Corporate Recruiter.
To apply please send your cv and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hotelschool The Hague works with a 40-hour workweek. The starting date for this position is as soon as possible depending on the notice period of the applicant.
The work location for this position can be either our Campus in Amsterdam and/ or Campus The Hague.
Additional information can be provided by Mr. M.Bal, ICT Manager through email: L.M.Bal@hotelschool.nl
An English language proficiency test may be part of the selection procedure. Upon receiving an offer, a certificate of conduct (VOG) is required.