Information specialist media centre
(0,8 / 1.0 FTE)
You will join a multidisciplinary team of professionals in a challenging but friendly environment. The school community is international, which means both the educational programme and all business communication are done in English. Hotelschool The Hague has developed an excellent reputation over 90 years; the result of the structured & innovative educational programme and the experience and quality of our staff, instructors, and lecturers.
The Media Centre of Hotelschool The Hague is a lively department that provides information to students and employees with an emphasis on digital sources, educational support and corresponding service in an inspiring learning environment.
General function description
Together with the MC-team:
- You are responsible for the instruction and training of information literacy skills for students and lecturers;
- You are responsible for the selection of information sources;
- You manage internal and external information sources and make them accessible;
- You will design, establish and develop information sources;
- You will take care of the functional design and management of databases and applications;
- Carry out literature research and advise patrons on search strategies;
- Actively keep up with education, network with colleagues both internal and external;
- You will also be part of the front office with all common administrative tasks
- Hbo-course IDM or similar education relating to the function of librarianship / Information Specialist;
- Excellent mastery of written and oral Dutch and English
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of (library) automation processes
- Knowledge of and experience with modern ICT applications, designing and managing website pages with WordPress, or are willing to learn
- Experienced with data analytics, or are willing to learn
- Good social and communication skills
- Didactical skills, mastery of (digital) presentation skills
- Enthusiastic, flexible, customer and service oriented
- Can work both independently and in a team
- Accurate, efficient and strong organisationally
- Affinity with the hospitality sector
Hotelschool The Hague offers a salary based on scale 8 the labour agreement of Universities of Applied Science (CAO HBO) with a range between €2.598,89 and 3.479,70 gross per month, depending on your professional experience and qualifications.
In addition, Hotelschool The Hague offers:
- A 13th month;
- An excellent package of fringe benefits;
- Employees with a 40-hour working week are entitled to 428 hours (53 days) of leave annually with retention of salary;
- Excellent opportunities for further personal development;
- Compensation towards your health insurance expenses;
- Option to make use of group discounts for multiple insurances;
- Travel allowances for commuting to and from work;
- A pension plan through ABP;
- Most importantly you would work for an organisation that strives to have a positive impact on society, helping to develop future leaders in the hospitality industry.
Hotelschool The Hague works with a 40-hour workweek. The starting date for this position is as soon as possible depending on the notice period of the applicant.
The work location for this position can be either our Campus in Amsterdam or Campus The Hague.
Additional information can be provided by Mr. M. (Menno) de Vos Manager MediaCentre a.i.), through email: firstname.lastname@example.org
An English language proficiency test may be part of the selection procedure. Upon receiving an offer, a certificate of conduct (VOG) is required.
How to apply
We look forward to receiving your English CV and motivation letter. Kindly submit your CV and motivation letter to the attention of Ms. N. Winklaar, Corporate Recruiter.
To apply please send your cv and motivation letter to email@example.com