Instructor room revenue and marketing skotel
You will join a multidisciplinary team of professionals in a challenging but friendly environment. The school community is international, which means both the educational programme and all business communication are done in English. Hotelschool The Hague has developed an excellent reputation over 90 years; the result of the structured & innovative educational programme and the experience and quality of our staff, instructors, and lecturers.
The Skotel is the training and study hotel of Hotelschool The Hague. On our campus in Amsterdam, the Skotel is located on campus. Our first-year students live and study together in the Skotel. Additionally, the Skotel functions as a commercial training hotel, offering several hotel rooms to guests from outside the school. The reception desk also receives external and internal guests for the Hotelschool.
General Function Description
- Provide instructions to the first- and second-year students who have their practical training outlet. First-year students are expected to operationally run the outlet whilst second-year students are expected to manage and coach the first-year students. The role of the instructor is to guide both groups within the outlet. Instructions are given in English.
- Assist students when applying hospitality knowledge and skills into practice;
- Coordination and administration in the field of Revenue Management and Marketing for the Skotel outlet. Several OTA systems are used in the outlet for bookings, check-in, and room rates addition to several external channels for marketing purposes. Responsible for adjusting room rates on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis, attending to reviews of guests, and adjusting information on our own website and other marketing platforms. Being able to train students and colleagues in all these aspects.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Skotel, regarding both administrative and management tasks.
- Several years of relevant experience in a front office or reservation position with experience in the aspects of revenue management and marketing of hotel rooms, preferably international;
- Excellent communicative and didactic skills;
- Preferably a Bachelor's degree;
- The ability to work independently, whilst being part of a team;
- A proactive attitude towards problem-solving;
- Excellent verbal command of the English and Dutch languages;
- Alignment to the vision, mission, and strategy of Hotelschool The Hague;
- An inspiring team player for all Hotelschool The Hague students and faculty;
- Insights into and knowledge of current affairs and developments in (hospitality) management;
- An enthusiastic approach to education with an emphasis on coaching students to deal with real-world professional assignments;
- Experience in supervising and coaching students;
- Willing to work irregular hours.
Hotelschool The Hague offers a salary based on scale 8 of the labour agreement of universities of Applied Science (CAO HBO) with a range between €2.650,87 and €3.549,29 depending on your professional experience and qualifications. The contract is initially for a year with an option for extension as this is a permanent position.
In addition, Hotelschool The Hague offers:
- a 13th month;
- an excellent package of fringe benefits;
- compensation towards representation costs;
- compensation towards irregular working hours;
- employees with a 40 hour working weeks are entitled to 428 hours (53 days) of leave annually with retention of salary;
- a pension plan through ABP;
- excellent opportunities for further personal development;
- compensation towards your health insurance expenses;
- option to make use of group discounts for multiple insurances;
- travel allowances for commuting to and from work;
- Most importantly you would work for an organization that strives to have a positive impact on society, helping to develop future leaders in the hospitality industry.
Hotelschool The Hague works with a 40-hour work week, the working hours and days for this position are irregular but planned far ahead in time. The starting date for this position is as soon as possible depending on the notice period of the applicant.
The work location for this position is in Amsterdam, but you are willing to work at our school campus in The Hague on occasions.
Additional information can be provided by Mr. J. de Koe, Team Leader Rooms Division, by email: email@example.com.
An English language proficiency test may be part of the selection procedure. Upon receiving an offer, a certificate of conduct (VOG) is required.
How to apply
Kindly submit your CV and motivation letter in English, to the attention of Ms. C. Kloos Corporate Recruiter to firstname.lastname@example.org