Lecturer in data analytics
(0.6 - 1.0 FTE)
Who inspires students to get the best out of their Education programme!
You will join a multidisciplinary team of professionals in a challenging and friendly environment. The school community is international, which means both the educational programme and all business communication are done in English. Hotelschool The Hague has developed an excellent reputation over 90 years; the result of the structured & innovative educational programme and the experience and quality of our staff, instructors, and lecturers.
General function description
- You are able to develop and teach courses that are closely linked to real-world hospitality management practice.
- Next to lecturing, you are interested in doing research and you will be responsible for developing and conducting relevant research.
- You are encouraging students to achieve excellence.
- You are an active team player willing to cooperate and contribute to the school’s success.
- You are both a coach and a lecturer, with a multidisciplinary approach to business problems.
- You feel at home in a dynamic and international academic environment.
- Aligned with our value of inclusion we strive for diversity throughout our entire organization.
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure, analytical (software)tools, hospitality, decision-making processes, and software used in industry
- IT-driven; experience must contain IT related fields, preferably within a hospitality industry;
- Excellent analytical skills
- A Master’s degree, or be willing to obtain a Master’s degree
- An enthusiastic approach to education with an emphasis on coaching students to deal with real-world professional assignments;
- Excellent command of the English language (C2 level);
- Excellent social skills, and ability to work independently;
- A proactive attitude to problem-solving;
- Insight into and knowledge of current affairs and developments in (hospitality) management;
- Excellent coaching skills;
- Alignment to the vision, mission, and strategy of Hotelschool The Hague;
An inspiring team player for all Hotelschool The Hague students and faculty;
Hotelschool The Hague offers a salary based on scale 11 the labour agreement of Universities of Applied Science (CAO HBO) with a range between € 3.731,81 and 5.127,39 gross per month, depending on your professional experience and qualifications.
In addition, Hotelschool The Hague offers:
- A 13th month;
- An excellent package of fringe benefits;
- Employees with a 40-hour working week are entitled to 428 hours (53 days) of leave annually with retention of salary;
- Excellent opportunities for further personal development;
- Compensation towards your health insurance expenses;
- Option to make use of group discounts for multiple insurances;
- Travel allowances for commuting to and from work;
A laptop and Telephone are provided for this position;
- A pension plan through ABP;
- Most importantly you would work for an organisation that strives to have a positive impact on society, helping to develop future leaders in the hospitality industry.
Hotelschool The Hague works with a 40-hour workweek. The starting date for this position is as soon as possible depending on the notice period of the applicant.
The work location for this position can be either our Campus in Amsterdam and/ or Campus The Hague.
Additional information can be provided by Mr. H.Brisson, Program Manager Bachelor, through email: H.Brisson@hotelschool.nl
An English language proficiency test may be part of the selection procedure. Upon receiving an offer, a certificate of conduct (VOG) is required.
How to apply
We look forward to receiving your English CV and motivation letter. We welcome applicants who prefer to work as freelance also to apply.
Kindly submit your CV and motivation letter to the attention of Ms. N. Winklaar, Corporate Recruiter.
To apply please send your cv and motivation letter to email@example.com