Lecturer in Data Analytics
(0.6 - 1.0 FTE)
General function description
You are able to develop and teach courses that are closely linked to real-world hospitality management practice. Next to lecturing you are interested in doing research and you will be responsible for developing and conducting practically-relevant research. You are a professional and motivating lecturer, encouraging both students and colleagues to achieve excellence.
You are an active team player willing to cooperate and contribute to the school’s success. You are both coach and lecturer, with a multidisciplinary approach to business problems. You feel at home in a dynamic and international academic environment. Aligned with our value of inclusion we strive for diversity throughout our entire organisation.
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure, analytical (software)tools, hospitality, decision making processes, software used in industry
- IT driven; experience must contain IT related fields, preferably within a hospitality industry;
- Excellent analytical skills
- A Master’s degree, or be willing to obtain a Master’s degree
- An enthusiastic approach to education with an emphasis on coaching students to deal with real-world professional assignments;
- An excellent command of the English language (C2 level);
- Excellent social skills, and ability to work independently;
- A proactive attitude to problem solving;
- Insight into and knowledge of current affairs and developments in (hospitality) management;
- Excellent coaching skills;
- Alignment to the vision, mission and strategy of Hotelschool The Hague;
- An inspiring team player for all Hotelschool The Hague students and faculty;
Hotelschool The Hague offers a salary based on scale 11 with a range between € 3.658,64 and € 5.026,85 depending on your professional experience and qualifications. The contract is initially for a year with an option for extension. We welcome applicants who prefer to work as free lance also to apply.
In addition, Hotelschool The Hague offers:
- a 13th month;
- an excellent package of fringe benefits;
- employees with a 40 hour working weeks are entitled to 428 hours (53 days) of leave annually with retention of salary;
- a pension plan through ABP;
- excellent opportunities for further personal development;
- Compensation towards your health insurance expenses;
- Option to make use of group discounts for multiple insurances;
- Travel allowances for commuting to and from work.
- But most importantly you would work for an organisation that strives to have a positive impact on society, helping to develop future leaders in the hospitality industry
Hotelschool The Hague works with a 40-hour work week, the working days for this position are Monday-Friday. The starting date for this position is as soon as possible. You are required to teach at both our campuses.
Please contact Ms. C. Berenbaum, Programme manager bachelor education by email firstname.lastname@example.org should you require any more information about the position.
An English language proficiency test may be part of the selection procedure. Upon receiving an offer, a certificate of conduct (VOG) is required.
How to apply
We look forward to receiving your English CV and motivation letter. We welcome applicants who prefer to work as free lance also to apply.
To apply please send your cv and motivation letter to email@example.com.
Kindly submit your CV and motivational letter in English, to the attention of Mr. M Koeslag, HR Advisor. The application deadline is 23 January 2022.