Lecturer in human resources and ethics
You will join a multidisciplinary team of professionals in a challenging but friendly environment. The school community is international, which means both the educational program and all business communication are done in English. Hotelschool The Hague has developed an excellent reputation over 90 years; the result of the structured & innovative educational program and the experience and quality of our staff and lecturers.
For the past years, we have been proudly recognized as the best public hotel school in The Netherlands. Excellence is reflected by our alumni who globally occupy many leading industry roles.
You are able to develop and teach courses that are closely linked to real-world hospitality management practice. Next to lecturing, you are interested in doing research and you will be responsible for developing and conducting practically-relevant research. You are a professional and motivating lecturer, encouraging both students and colleagues to achieve excellence.
You are an active team player willing to cooperate and contribute to the school’s success. You are both coach and lecturer, with a multidisciplinary approach to business problems. You feel at home in a dynamic and international academic environment. Aligned with our value of inclusion we strive for diversity throughout our entire organization.
- A Master’s degree, or be willing to obtain a Master’s degree
- An enthusiastic approach to education with an emphasis on coaching students to deal with real-world professional assignments;
- Considerable experience (minimum 6 years) in a Human Resources position and experience with Ethics, preferably within a hospitality industry;
- Several years of teaching experience or proven affinity with teaching i.e. considerable experience in training and coaching based on agile methods and/or relationship management is preferred;
- Insight into and knowledge of current affairs and developments in HR and Ethics and Hospitality management;
- Analytical and conceptual skills;
- Excellent social skills, and ability to work independently;
- A proactive attitude towards problem-solving;
- Excellent command of the English language (C2 level);
- Alignment to the vision, mission and strategy of Hotelschool The Hague;
- An inspiring team player for all Hotelschool The Hague students and faculty;
- insights into and knowledge of current affairs and developments in (hospitality) management;
- An enthusiastic approach to education with an emphasis on coaching students to deal with real-world professional assignments
- Experience with online teaching making use of online collaboration platforms
- Passion for curriculum development
Hotelschool The Hague offers a salary based on scale 11 with a range between €3.731,81 and €5.127,39 depending on your professional experience and qualifications. The contract is initially for a year with an option for extension. We welcome applicants who prefer to work freelance also to apply.
In addition, Hotelschool The Hague offers:
- a 13th month;
- an excellent package of fringe benefits;
- employees with a 40-hour working weeks are entitled to 428 hours (53 days) of leave annually with retention of salary;
- a pension plan through ABP;
- excellent opportunities for further personal development;
- compensation towards your health insurance expenses;
- option to make use of group discounts for multiple insurances;
- travel allowances for commuting to and from work.
- Most importantly you would work for an organization that strives to have a positive impact on society, helping to develop future leaders in the hospitality industry
Hotelschool The Hague works with a 40-hour work week, the working days for this position are Monday-Friday. The starting date for this position is as soon as possible.
Please contact Ms. N. van der Poel, Program Manager Bachelor Education by email email@example.com should you require any more information about the position.
An English language proficiency test may be part of the selection procedure. Upon receiving an offer, a certificate of conduct (VOG) is required.
How to apply
We look forward to receiving your English CV and motivation letter. We welcome applicants who prefer to work as freelance also to apply.
To apply please send your cv and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kindly submit your CV and motivation letter in English, to the attention of Ms. N. Winklaar, Corporate Recruiter.