Lecturer Languages English/French/Dutch/German
You will join a multidisciplinary faculty working in a range of hospitality-related business areas. The school community is international, and the program is taught, and all business is conducted completely in English. Hotelschool The Hague has an excellent reputation, developed over 90 years. This is the result of the structured and innovative educational program and the experience and quality of our staff and lecturers. You will join a dynamic, hardworking team of professionals in a friendly and challenging environment. Aligned with our value of inclusion we strive for diversity throughout our entire organization.
The curriculum at Hotelschool The Hague is delivered in a unique competency-guided approach. Currently the curriculum is transitioning to an even more dynamic and innovative design that incorporates the latest insights and demands from industry professionals. Courses are integrated using modern methods of practical application and active learning including blended learning, business simulations and case studies, enhancing the students' understanding of each discipline as it is applied in real world scenarios.
General Function Description
You are able to teach courses closely linked to real-world hospitality management practice. You are a professional and motivating lecturer who encourages both students and colleagues to achieve excellence. You are an active team player willing to cooperate and contribute to the school’s success. You naturally shift between your roles of both coach and lecturer, with a multidisciplinary approach to business problems. You feel at home in a dynamic and international academic environment.
Candidate Profile, you have/are:
- a Master’s degree in Applied Linguistics, English/German/French/Dutch language, or similar
- a minimum of 3 years teaching experience
- teaching experience in higher education, ideally at a university of applied sciences
- hospitality experience or a proven affinity with a hospitality focused organisation is desirable
- a teaching qualification such as DELTA or PGCE in Higher Education is desired
- an excellent oral and written command of the language; native level or C2 is required
- familiarity with communicating to both academic and professional audiences
- ability to contribute and adapt to multidisciplinary, integrated course designs
- capacity to deliver and eventually revise pre-designed, competency-driven courses
- excellent social skills, an ability to work independently, and a proactive attitude to problem solving
- aligned to the vision, mission and strategy of Hotelschool The Hague: ’Delivering the promise: best students, best faculty’
- an inspiring team player for all Hotelschool The Hague students and faculty
- experience developing courses
Hotelschool The Hague offers a free lance rate of € 55- per hour.
Please send your application letter and CV in English via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, to the attention of Mr M. Koeslag, Human Resources Advisor by 17 October 2021. Please specify the language you are applying for.
You will be required to teach on our campus in The Hague and in Amsterdam. Currently online teaching via the platform MS Teams could also be required.
For any additional information please contact Mr. Menno Koeslag through email@example.com