Media Centre Officer Library
(0,8 – 1.0 fte)
You are responsible for the support of students and staff in the Media Centre.
About the department
The library of Hotelschool The Hague is a lively department that provides information services for students and employees with an emphasis on digital sources, educational support and associated customer-oriented service in an inspiring learning environment. These services are provided by an enthusiastic and motivated team of 4 information specialists and 2 media centre officers.
- Carrying out administrative/operational work for the media library;
- Taking care of lending and lending administration;
- Answering simple information requests from students and staff;
- Supporting students and employees in using the catalogues and databases;
- Making various internal and external (digital) information sources accessible in the library system;
- Taking care of magazine, fine and order administration
- Keeping the Media Centre in order;
We want you to become successful in this position. When reading through your resume, we would like to read that you have/are:
- Appropriate training or work experience; àMBO4 / HBO / Library
- Accurate and efficient;
- Customer-friendly- and service-oriented;
- Good social and communication skills;
- Good oral and written communication skills in Dutch and English;
- Affinity with the hospitality sector and the primary target group (students aged 17-25);
- Good knowledge and experience with modern ICT applications;
- Being able to function independently as well as in a team;
- Able to work in a dynamic environment;
What we offer
Hotelschool The Hague offers a salary based on scale 6 the labour agreement of Universities of Applied Science (CAO HBO) with a range between €2.122,91 and 2.961,60 gross per month, depending on your professional experience and qualifications.
In addition, Hotelschool The Hague offers:
- A 13th month;
- An excellent package of fringe benefits;
- Employees with a 40-hour working week are entitled to 428 hours (53 days) of leave annually with retention of salary;
- Excellent opportunities for further personal development;
- Compensation towards your health insurance expenses;
- Option to make use of group discounts for multiple insurances;
- Travel allowances for commuting to and from work;
- A pension plan through ABP;
- Most importantly you would work for an organisation that strives to have a positive impact on society, helping to develop future leaders in the hospitality industry.
How to apply
We look forward to receiving your English CV and motivation letter. Kindly submit your CV and motivation letter to the attention of Ms C. Kloos or N. Winklaar, Corporate Recruiter.
To apply please send your cv and motivation letter to email@example.com
Hotelschool The Hague works with a 40-hour workweek. The starting date for this position is as soon as possible depending on the notice period of the applicant.
The work location for this position can be either our Campus in Amsterdam and/ or Campus in The Hague.
Additional information can be provided by Mr Menno de Vos, Manager Media Centre a.i through email: M.d,firstname.lastname@example.org
An English language proficiency test may be part of the selection procedure. Upon receiving an offer, a certificate of conduct (VOG) is required.