0,8 - 1.0 FTE
You will join a multidisciplinary team of professionals in a challenging but friendly environment. The school community is international, which means both the educational programme and all business communication are done in English. Hotelschool The Hague has developed an excellent reputation over 90 years; the result of the structured & innovative educational programme and the experience and quality of our staff, instructors, and lecturers.
The Quality Officer is positioned within the Education Quality Support Office department.
The curricula at Hotelschool The Hague is delivered in a unique competency approach. Courses are integrated using modern methods of practical application and active learning. This includes blended learning, business simulations and real case studies, enhancing the students' understanding of each discipline as it is used in real world scenarios.
General function description
- Complies with the quality processes and standards on institutional level but also on programme level.
- Drafts and maintains the framework for the quality assurance system.
- Responsible for ensuring the implementation of quality agreements and makes sure that the necessary processes are in place.
- Executes researches and surveys, such as NSE and course evaluations.
- Ensures that the results and analysis are communicated clearly and that improvements are implemented.
- Responsible for ensuring and completing the quality PDCA cycle at various levels within Hotelschool The Hague.
- Steers and improves processes and documents that contribute to education quality assurance.
- Draws up and implements quality improvement proposals and project plans.
- Educates and advises faculties about quality performances, provides faculty training on ensuring and improving quality.
- Initiates activities to increase the awareness among colleagues of the importance of quality assurance.
- Participates in internal and external trainings/workshops focused on quality assurance within higher education
- Monitors the quality and consistency of the delivery of HTH’s quality standards and end qualifications.
- Contributes to realising the quality goals and standards, by pro-actively coordinating and guarding PDCA processes.
- Good social and communication skills;
- A pro-active discussion & sparring partner for lecturers, the Educational Management Team and the Board of Directors;
- A relevant university (Master’s) degree; preferably some experience with research and data analyses
- At least five years of relevant working experience, preferably within higher education institution
- Demonstrated experience in the field of executing researches, surveys related to quality standards, advising, accreditation and project-based work methods;
- Excellent advisory, analytical and presentation skills, is persuasive and possesses excellent communication skills (oral and written);
- The following competencies: organisational awareness, intercultural sensitivity
- Excellent verbal command of the English and Dutch language (at least C1);
Hotelschool The Hague offers a salary in either scale 10 or 11 in line with the sector’s collective agreement (CAO-HBO) depending on experience and qualifications. Scale 10 has a maximum of € 4.393,81 and scale 11 a maximum of € 5.127,39 gross per month based on full-time.
In addition, Hotelschool The Hague offers an excellent package of fringe benefits;
- A 13th month;
- Employees with a 40-hour working week are entitled to 428 hours (53 days) of leave annually with retention of salary;
- A pension plan through ABP;
- Excellent opportunities for further personal development;
- Monthly compensation towards your health insurance expenses;
- Option to make use of group discounts for multiple insurances;
- Travel allowances for commuting to and from work;
- Most importantly you would work for an organisation that strives to have a positive impact on society, helping to develop future leaders in the hospitality industry.
Hotelschool The Hague works with a 40-hour workweek. The starting date for this position is as soon as possible depending on the notice period of the applicant.
The work location for this position is in The Hague, but you are willing to work at our school campus in Amsterdam when needed.
Additional information can be provided by of Ms. W. Smeets at email@example.com
An English language proficiency test may be part of the selection procedure. Upon receiving an offer, a certificate of conduct (VOG) is required.
How to apply
We look forward to receiving your English CV and motivation letter, to the attention of Ms. N. Winklaar, Corporate Recruiter.
The Deadline for applications is the 10 May 2022.
To apply please select the apply button, if this button is not visible you may send your cv and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org