You are responsible for supporting administrative policy and decision-making, process support, (legal) advice and internal and external coordination
You will join a multidisciplinary team of professionals in a challenging but friendly environment. The school community is international, which means both the educational programme and all business communication are done in English. Hotelschool The Hague has developed an excellent reputation over almost 95 years, the result of the structured & innovative educational programme and the experience and quality of our staff, instructors, and lecturers.
The Corporate Secretary Office is amongst other things responsible for overall and integral support to the Board of Trustees and the Board of Directors. The department also supports the organisation regarding student affairs, supervision of educational quality monitoring, processes, the PDCA cycle, as well as being responsible for providing general legal advice.
General function description
- Managing a team consisting of 5 colleagues consisting of the management-assistants, legal and policy support
- Identifying and assessing current (social, political or (inter)national) developments for relevance to administrative processes, governance, education, and supervision and initiating adequate decision making
- Setting up long term policy advice and policy memorandums, indication developments, bottlenecks, and alternatives
- Studying future trends that influence the interests of the organisation and advising the Board of Directors
- Advising the executive board on policy coordination and managing policy development and (strategic) projects
- Translating the university’s strategy into (strategic) frameworks for policy development and making recommendations on strategic policy advice
- Test policy proposals for political administrative and legal feasibility, coordination with other policy areas, legislation and regulations and applicable procedures
- Ensuring the delivery of checking of relevant data and information
- Promoting support in the context of policy development among stakeholders and inventory of bottlenecks and resistance
- Ensuring the process-related cohesion and coordination between the PDCA cycle
- Preparing organisational and substantive meetings of the Board of Directors/ Board of Trustees/Management Team/ Co-Determination Council and Educational Committee
- Drawing up draft decisions in the (administrative) areas
- Drawing up the agenda and provides the necessary written information for decision making
- Preparing (policymaking) consultations, meetings, and gatherings in administrative organisational and/or logistical areas, preparing minutes and lists of decisions and checks and monitors progress
- Propagating the policy lines set out by the BoD/MT and supervising their follow-up and implementation
- Providing (complex) management information, files, and correspondence regarding various items.
- Broad theoretical knowledge of the management of a University of Applied Sciences educational Institution, related laws and regulations, governance, and supervisory processes
- Knowledge of all relevant (international) related areas of attention and policy areas
- Insight into the social and political relations that are relevant for the management of a higher vocational education institution
- Excellent verbal and written command of both Dutch and English
- Skills in explaining policy and laws and regulations
- Skills in developing policy, defending, and propagating policy
- Communication and advisory skills
- Skills in interpreting and analysing data and (policy) developments and drawing up policy notes and report for the benefit of the policy process
- Skills in testing regulations and procedures and translating findings into proposals for adjustments
Hotelschool The Hague offers a salary based on scale 13 the labour agreement of Universities of Applied Science (CAO HBO) with a range between €5.401,60 and €6.579,22 gross per month, depending on your professional experience and qualifications.
In addition, Hotelschool The Hague offers:
- A 13th month;
- An excellent package of fringe benefits;
- Employees with a 40-hour working week are entitled to 428 hours (53 days) of leave annually with retention of salary;
- Excellent opportunities for further personal development;
- Compensation towards your health insurance expenses;
- Option to make use of group discounts for multiple insurances;
- Travel allowances for commuting to and from work;
- A pension plan through ABP;
- Most importantly you would work for an organisation that strives to have a positive impact on society, helping to develop future leaders in the hospitality industry.
Hotelschool The Hague works with a 40-hour workweek. The starting date for this position is as soon as possible depending on the notice period of the applicant. This is a temporary position until 1st of august 2024.
The work location for this position can be either our Campus in Amsterdam and/ or Campus The Hague.
Additional information can be provided by Mr Jan Willem van Brouwershaven Member of the Board of Directors, through email: email@example.com
An English language proficiency test may be part of the selection procedure. Upon receiving an offer, a certificate of conduct (VOG) is required.
How to apply
We look forward to receiving your English CV and motivation letter. Kindly submit your CV and motivation letter to the attention of Ms. C. Kloos, Corporate Recruiter.
To apply please send your cv and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org