Educational IT Liason (Functioneel beheerder Onderwijsapplicaties)
You will join a multidisciplinary team of professionals in a challenging but friendly environment. The school community is international, which means both the educational programme and all business communication are done in English. Hotelschool The Hague has developed an excellent reputation over 90 years; the result of the structured & innovative educational programme and the experience and quality of our staff, instructors, and lecturers.
The newly to be formed department “Student Services” consists of several teams; admissions & student affairs, service desk, planning and timetabling office, student counsellors and placement office. Student Services provides a range of support services that aim to; look after student health and wellbeing, enhance students' opportunities for success and contribute positively to the quality of the student experience, progression and retention. The department provides a full range of student administration services and a one-stop-shop for general student-related enquiries.
Student Services is based on both the The Hague campus and the Amsterdam campus and you must be willing to work on both locations.
General function description
- Day-to-day support for educational applications such as the Learning Management System Sakai, examination software such as ANS, quality assurance software such as Evalytics;
- Responding to queries from users on educational applications and problem solving;
- Supporting the educational advisors responsible for the implementation and strategic improvement of educational applications;
- Representing the interests of users in communications with the IT department or software suppliers;
- Developing reports and supporting materials for end-users of educational appliances;
- Support the preparation of advice reports and recommendations for management and the Board of Directors on relevant topics;
- Bachelor level education;
- Experience in (higher) education support;
- Ample experience in managing the daily usage of educational applications such as learning management systems, examination software and experience monitoring software;
- Experience in engaging users of educational applications in optimizing their usage;
- Excellent IT skills and a proficient user of learning management systems, quality assurance software both work management software such as Monday.com and experience management tools such as Evalytics or Qualtrics;
- Demonstrable experience in writing memos;
- Excellent communicative skills;
- The ability to work independently, whilst being part of a team;
- A proactive attitude towards problem-solving;
- Excellent verbal command of the English and Dutch language (at least C1);
- Alignment with the vision, mission, and strategy of Hotelschool The Hague;
- An inspiring team player for all Hotelschool The Hague faculty and staff;
Hotelschool The Hague offers a salary based on scale 9 the labour agreement of Universities of Applied Science (CAO HBO) with a range between € 3.018,49 and € 4.158,87 gross per month, depending on your professional experience and qualifications.
In addition, Hotelschool The Hague offers:
- A 13th month;
- An excellent package of fringe benefits;
- Employees with a 40-hour working week are entitled to 428 hours (53 days) of leave annually with retention of salary;
- Excellent opportunities for further personal development;
- Compensation towards your health insurance expenses;
- Option to make use of group discounts for multiple insurances;
- Travel allowances for commuting to and from work;
- A pension plan through ABP;
- Most importantly you would work for an organisation that strives to have a positive impact on society, helping to develop future leaders in the hospitality industry.
Hotelschool The Hague works with a 40-hour workweek. The starting date for this position is as soon as possible depending on the notice period of the applicant.
The work location for this position can be either our Campus in Amsterdam and/ or Campus The Hague.
Additional information can be provided by Ms Wendy Smeets, Team Lead for Education and Research Support, through email: email@example.com
An English language proficiency test may be part of the selection procedure. Upon receiving an offer, a certificate of conduct (VOG) is required.
How to apply
We look forward to receiving your English CV and motivation letter. Kindly submit your CV and motivation letter to the attention of Ms. C. Kloos, Corporate Recruiter.
To apply please send your cv and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org