You will join a multidisciplinary team of professionals in a challenging but friendly environment. The school community is international, which means both the educational programme and all business communication are done in English. Hotelschool The Hague has developed an excellent reputation over 90 years; the result of the structured & innovative educational programme and the experience and quality of our staff, instructors, and lecturers.
The finance department is responsible for planning and control of financial administration, both for the students and The Hotelschool The Hague. The finance department handles investments for Hotelschool The Hague, analyses the financial state of affairs and provides information for the management and Board of Directors, including the budget cycle, forecast models, and a multi-year financial planning.
General function description
As a Financial Controller within the financial department, you are an important pivot in providing financial information for The Hotelschool The Hague Your tasks will include checking, preparing and editing financial information, legal and financial reporting (Dutch GAAP), management reports, including monthly and half year closings and the annual accounts, monitoring the P&C cycle.
You and your colleagues are also the point of contact for employees and third parties with regard to financial questions and you support your colleagues in the financial department where necessary. As a Financial Controller you report directly to the Finance and Control manager.
- Jointly responsible for the monthly and annual reports, including the annual accounts and turnover tax, corporation tax and tourist tax returns;
- Support in drawing up budgets, forecasts, cash flow budgets and various reports;
- Identifying and realizing improvement potential in processes, internal control and initiating improvement;
- Carrying out internal (management) checks and adjustments for a secure administrative organization;
- Ensures the preparation of investment decisions and advice;
- Contribute to the professionalization process, such as the further digitization of the financial administration;
- Jointly responsible for the contact with the accountant and the course of the audit;
- Drafting, analyzing and interpreting financial management reports according to the planning & control cycle and monitoring this planning & control cycle.
- Completed HBO/WO education, with a focus on accountancy or business economics;
- At least 5 years of work experience as a Financial Controller;
- You are analytical and socially skilled and good at process-oriented thinking;
- Be able to work accurately;
- You are stress-resistant, used to deadlines and can set priorities well;
- You can communicate on different levels and are clear in your language;
- Good command of the English and Dutch language, both orally and in writing;
- You have an excellent knowledge of Excel;
- A pro-active, hands-on approach and able to work independently.
Hotelschool The Hague offers a salary based on scale 11 the labour agreement of Universities of Applied Science (CAO HBO) with a range between € 3.881,08 and € 5.332,49 gross per month, depending on your professional experience and qualifications.
In addition, Hotelschool The Hague offers:
- A 13th month;
- An excellent package of fringe benefits;
- Employees with a 40-hour working week are entitled to 428 hours (53 days) of leave annually with retention of salary;
- Excellent opportunities for further personal development;
- Compensation towards your health insurance expenses;
- Option to make use of group discounts for multiple insurances;
- Travel allowances for commuting to and from work;
- A pension plan through ABP;
- Most importantly you would work for an organisation that strives to have a positive impact on society, helping to develop future leaders in the hospitality industry.
Hotelschool The Hague works with a 40-hour workweek. The starting date for this position is as soon as possible depending on the notice period of the applicant.
The work location for this position is mainly Campus The Hague and occasionally our Campus in Amsterdam.
Additional information can be provided by Mr B. Hofkes through by phone: 06-13105879 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
An English language proficiency test may be part of the selection procedure. Upon receiving an offer, a certificate of conduct (VOG) is required.
How to apply
We look forward to receiving your English CV and motivation letter. Kindly submit your CV and motivation letter to the attention of Ms. C. Kloos, Corporate Recruiter.
To apply please send your cv and motivation letter to email@example.com