Manager Student Services
You are responsible for the management and implementation of the services, department plan and improvement programmes.
You are responsible for the management and implementation of the services, department plan and improvement programmes, projects and processes. You will manage the department and will be responsible for representing the department.
You will join a multidisciplinary team of professionals in a challenging but friendly environment. The school community is international, which means both the educational programme and all business communication are done in English. Hotelschool The Hague has developed an excellent reputation over 90 years; the result of the structured & innovative educational programme and the experience and quality of our staff, instructors, and lecturers.
The newly to be formed department “Student Services” consists of several teams; admissions & student affairs, service desk, planning and timetabling office, student counsellors and placement office. Student Services provides a range of support services that aim to; look after student health and wellbeing, enhance students' opportunities for success and contribute positively to the quality of the student experience, progression and retention. The department provides a full range of student administration services and a one-stop-shop for general student-related enquiries.
We are looking for a Manager Student Services who will ensure all student services meet students' needs. You are responsible for the direction and oversight for the strategic goals and objectives of the department; including leading and directing staff, managing budgets and responding to complex issues that could impact the overall functioning of the department. Your responsibilities include ensuring that the education logistics and administration are well organized. As Manager Student Services you are consistently looking for ways to optimize processes, improve student experiences and adding value and lowering operating costs when possible. You must be a good leader for internal and external staff (suppliers, vendors etc). You must have strong organizational skills, be accurate and have an eye for detail. A positive, pro-active and service minded 'can do' attitude is essential for this role in which you will have the opportunity to help shape the most effective support for Hotelschool The Hague possible.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to;
- identifying and analysing internal and external developments
- translating strategic objectives and policies into long-term policies and policies for the department
- responsible for the policy, innovation and programmes focussed on developing the department’s services
- evaluating and improving the department’s policy
- formulating long-term plans and objectives for the department and senior managers
- analysing the consequences of new policies, adjustments and results and preparing advice for the Board of Directors and management team.
- responsible for the development of the department plan (including staffing and budget) and managing the implementation within the set budget
- monitoring and discussing the progress of the department plans’ implementation with department heads, the Board of Directors, and (teaching) colleagues
- coordinating the implementation of policies and services in the department’s field and formulating advice for the management team
- responsible for the development, improvement and implementation of processes, procedures and services related to the department’s field
- organising and monitoring the implementation of processes within the department
- responsible for the department's quality management and customer satisfaction
- periodically reporting to the Board of Directors and management team regarding policy aspects
- preparing management information and report.
Candidate profile (please add/change bullet points for your role)
- extensive theoretical knowledge of the department’s field
- insight into the organisational, procedural and professional connections in a broader context than the own department
- skilled in creating and managing the activity and department plan
- management and advisory skills
- skilled in developing policies
- skilled in (personnel) management, leadership and advice
- Lean green belt (preferably)
- Performance focused
- coach and mentor
- analytical thinking skills
Hotelschool The Hague offers a salary based on scale 12 the labour agreement of Universities of Applied Science (CAO HBO) with a range between € 4.864,02 and €6.064,86. gross per month, depending on your professional experience and qualifications.
In addition, Hotelschool The Hague offers:
- A 13th month;
- An excellent package of fringe benefits;
- Employees with a 40-hour working week are entitled to 428 hours (53 days) of leave annually with retention of salary;
- Excellent opportunities for further personal development;
- Compensation towards your health insurance expenses;
- Option to make use of group discounts for multiple insurances;
- Travel allowances for commuting to and from work;
- A pension plan through ABP;
- Most importantly you would work for an organisation that strives to have a positive impact on society, helping to develop future leaders in the hospitality industry.
Hotelschool The Hague works with a 40-hour workweek. The starting date for this position is as soon as possible depending on the notice period of the applicant.
The work location for this position can be either our Campus in Amsterdam and/ or Campus The Hague.
Additional information can be provided by Ms Regine von Stieglitz (president of Hotelschool The Hague), through email: CvB@hotelschool.nl.
An English language proficiency test may be part of the selection procedure. Upon receiving an offer, a certificate of conduct (VOG) is required.
How to apply
We look forward to receiving your English CV and motivation letter. Kindly submit your CV and motivation letter to the attention of Ms. C. Kloos, Corporate Recruiter.
To apply please send your cv and motivation letter to email@example.com
Please take note that employees affected by the reorganisation receive priority over other applicants in the hiring process.