You will join a multidisciplinary team of professionals in a challenging but friendly environment. The school community is international, which means both the educational programme and all business communication are done in English. Hotelschool The Hague has developed an excellent reputation over 90 years; the result of the structured & innovative educational programme and the experience and quality of our staff, instructors, and lecturers.
The Bachelor Management Team contributes to the strategic policy of the school and its educational vision and is responsible for the daily execution, the quality of education for our students and the operational results of the bachelor program. There are four Bachelor Managers who work together with over 100 lecturers and freelancers who work together to provide for education and mentoring of our students who come from around the world.
General function description
- Manage various projects
- Prepare documents/reports for meetings & projects and assist with research and writing reports, or independently writing reports on behalf of upper-level management
- Draft, review and send communications on behalf of Bachelor Management Team and manage the Email inbox
- Organize and prepare for meetings & events, including gathering documents and attending to logistics of meetings
- Assist with HR administration
- Create and execute an onboarding programme including welcoming and arranging training for new team members
- Organise the offboarding of team members
- Coordinate freelancers and student assistants in the Bachelor programme
- Onboarding and offboarding of new staff
- Administrative support for the Bachelor Management Team
- Communication/ initiations of events like EduConnect
- Monitoring Personal Development Plans
- Coordination for freelancers
- HR Administrations
- Managing the mailbox of the Bachelor Management Team
- Coordination of the Student Assistants
- Event organisation
- Following up with different departments
- Ad-hoc projects like Year 1 books ordering
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Exceptional time management abilities
- Good administrative skills, including filing and document organization
- Excellent communication, including writing, email and memo creation, interpersonal communication and customer service
- Great active listening skills
- Basic computer literacy and troubleshooting abilities
- Fast problem-solving abilities
- Teamwork and collaboration
- All around knowledge of theoretical and practical administration support
- Skills in the precision and accuracy of the administration;
- Good command of English, both spoken and written;
- A pro-active, hands-on approach and able to work independently;
Hotelschool The Hague offers a salary based on scale 8 the labour agreement of Universities of Applied Science (CAO HBO) with a range between € 2.756,90 and € 3.691,26 gross per month, depending on your professional experience and qualifications.
In addition, Hotelschool The Hague offers:
- A 13th month;
- An excellent package of fringe benefits;
- Employees with a 40-hour working week are entitled to 428 hours (53 days) of leave annually with retention of salary;
- Excellent opportunities for further personal development;
- Compensation towards your health insurance expenses;
- Option to make use of group discounts for multiple insurances;
- Travel allowances for commuting to and from work;
- A pension plan through ABP;
- Most importantly you would work for an organisation that strives to have a positive impact on society, helping to develop future leaders in the hospitality industry.
Hotelschool The Hague works with a 40-hour workweek. The starting date for this position is as soon as possible depending on the notice period of the applicant.
The work location for this position can be either our Campus in Amsterdam and/ or Campus The Hague.
Additional information can be provided by Ms Carol Berenbaum, through email: email@example.com
An English language proficiency test may be part of the selection procedure. Upon receiving an offer, a certificate of conduct (VOG) is required.
How to apply
We look forward to receiving your English CV and motivation letter. Kindly submit your CV and motivation letter to the attention of Ms. C. Kloos, Corporate Recruiter.
To apply please send your cv and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org