THE INC Conference
"Technology Enabled Competitiveness and Experiences in Tourism, Hospitality and Events"
5-7 June 2024, Hotelschool The Hague, Amsterdam Campus
Join THE INC 2024 - Tourism, Hospitality & Events International Conference to explore the multifaceted impacts of technology on the hospitality, tourism, and events industries. As technology continues to transform the way we work, travel, and experience the world, it's essential to examine the intersection of innovation, competitiveness, and guest experiences. It promises to be another engaging and insightful gathering of hospitality and tourism researchers and practitioners.
Prepare for exciting days of learning, networking, and inspiration! This in-person event will take place, on 5 – 7 JUNE 2024 at Hotelschool The Hague, Campus in Amsterdam.
THE INC 2024 is a conference for industry professionals, academics, and students. This conference offers a unique opportunity to gain valuable insights, exchange ideas, and connect with like-minded individuals.
With a diverse line-up of academic experts, you'll have the chance to attend engaging keynote speeches, interactive workshops, and thought-provoking panel discussions. Discover the latest trends, best practices, and innovative strategies that are shaping the future of our industry.
At THE INC 2024, you'll also have ample networking opportunities to meet fellow professionals, forge new connections, and expand your professional network.
THE INC is the official conference of ATHENA. After hosting its own International Research Conference in 2019, 2020, 2022 and 2023, Hotelschool The Hague was invited to co-organise the 4th edition of the THE INC, which promises to be another engaging and insightful event. Besides Hotelschool The Hague, THE INC 2024 is co-organised by the Universities of Derby and Sunderland, CBI, and CERTE.
Prof. Dimitrios Buhalis
Dr. Michael Duignan
Prof. Nancy Gard McGehee
Prof. Fevzi Okumus
Prof. Marianna Sigala
Call for Papers
We invite researchers, scholars, and industry professionals to submit their contributions to THE INC. This conference welcomes theoretical, empirical, experimental, and case study research with a focus on the theoretical and practical implications of technology use in the following contexts (but not limited to):
- Competitiveness, sustainability, and corporate social responsibility
- Consumer behavior, decision-making, expectations, experience, and satisfaction
- Smart cities/destinations/tourism/infrastructure
- Culture, heritage, place-making, and storytelling
- AR/VR/XR, Metaverse
- Human resources, equality, diversity, and labor operations
- Robotics, AI, Internet of Things, Big Data Analytics
- Emerging and innovative research methods and methodologies
- Sharing/gig economy, collaborative consumption, value co-creation
- Innovation, creativity, and change management
- IT, ICT, e-tourism, social media, gamification, and mobile technologies
- Marketing, advertising, branding, and reputation management
- Policy, planning, and governance
- Health, well-being, quality of life, and wellness
- Training and tourism, hospitality, and events education
- Other interdisciplinary areas related to tourism, hospitality, and events
Selected high-quality papers will have the opportunity for publication in reputable journals:
- Event Management: A special issue titled "Technology Enabled Competitiveness and Experiences in Events."
- International Journal of Tourism Research: A special issue titled "Technology Enabled Competitiveness and Experiences in Tourism."
- Service Industries Journal: A special issue titled "Technology Enabled Competitiveness and Experiences in Hospitality."
Selected papers may also be considered for publication in renowned journals such as the International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, Journal of Travel Research, and Tourism Management.
We look forward to welcoming you to THE INC in Amsterdam for insightful discussions, knowledge exchange, and networking opportunities. Stay tuned for further details, and mark your calendars for this exciting event!
The conference will be hosted by the Hospitality Research Centre at Hotelschool The Hague’s Amsterdam Campus. Amsterdam is one of the top tourist city destinations. Please visit iamsterdam.com.
Where to stay during THE INC 2024? – Of course, you choose Skotel Amsterdam
Book a room at Skotel in Amsterdam which is situated in Amsterdam West, just a 12 minute tram ride away from the beautiful and historic centre of Amsterdam. The 20 Skotel rooms are situated in the same building as Hotelschool The Hague. The operations of the hotel are mainly run by students which is providing them with the best possible preparation for their future careers as they learn to take over responsibilities within a hotel. All rooms are decorated by well-known hotel chains amongst others: Accor (Novotel), Starwood (Four Points by Sheraton & ALoft), WestCord, The Student Hotel, Okura, Center Parcs, Van de Wouw, Eden Hotels, Coco-Mat and Ramada Apollo. This makes every Skotel experience a unique one. Book your room here: https://www.hotelschool.nl/hotels-restaurants/.
As an alternative, you could also book a room at the Leonardo (rembrandtpark), which is situated right next to our campus.