You are able to guide students with complex individual requests for help.
You are able to guide students with complex individual requests for help in the field of education, career, personal or social medical affairs and promoting the study climate for students.
You will join a multidisciplinary team of professionals in a challenging but friendly environment. The school community is international, which means both the educational program and all business communication are done in English. Hotelschool The Hague has developed an excellent reputation over 90 years; the result of the structured & innovative educational program and the experience and quality of our staff, instructors, and lecturers.
The Student Counsellor works in a team of student counsellors and reports directly to the Dean in the Board of Directors. The Student Counsellor is responsible for guiding students with complex individual requests for help in the field of education, career, personal or social medical affairs and promoting the study climate for students. The Student Counsellor performs the work for students from a position of trust and an independent position.
General Function Description
- Supervision of students with (complex) individual requests for help aimed to come to a suitable solution for the students and Hotelschool;
- Analyses the requests for help, problems and complaints from students of an (non-) material nature that arise from the (private) living and study situation;
- Conducts conversations with students and encourages them to solve the problem themselves advises, supports and guides students with problems in the educational and personal field by making an inventory of the nature and content of the problem and on the basis of findings, also solves problems or takes a decision to refer to specialized aid agencies;
- Monitoring and follow up on the help requests from students;
- Acts as contact person for parents/ guardians in case of medical and serious personal circumstances among students;
- Adjusts the desired assistance to the questions asked;
- Supervises students in DUO study financing and insurance issues;
- Advises on applications for financial support for study extension in case of delay, interruption and alike;
- Advises on the application of the negative binding study advice;
- Guides and advises students in refocusing on other training options;
- Advises on the allocation of funds from the profiling fund;
- Advises and assists students with the Legal Protection Desk;
- Maintains contact with the network of Student Counsellors;
- Maps the causes of common problems and initiates or advises on structural solutions;
- Good social and communication skills;
- General theoretical and practically oriented knowledge of aid delivery methods and techniques, relevant laws and regulations and (external) aid delivery options
- Skills in (timely) identification and analysis of social-psychological problems, discussing sensitive issues and looking for appropriate solutions
- A Bachelor degree in a relevant field;
- A proactive attitude towards problem-solving;
- Excellent verbal command of the English and Dutch language (at least C1);
- Alignment with the vision, mission, and strategy of Hotelschool The Hague;
Hotelschool The Hague offers a salary based on scale 10 of the labour agreement of Universities of Applied Science (CAO HBO) with a range between €2.902,39 and €4.393,81 gross per month, depending on your professional experience and qualifications.
In addition, Hotelschool The Hague offers:
- A 13th month;
- An excellent package of fringe benefits;
- Employees with a 40-hour working week are entitled to 428 hours (53 days) of leave annually with retention of salary;
- A pension plan through ABP;
- Excellent opportunities for further personal development;
- Compensation towards your health insurance expenses;
- Option to make use of group discounts for multiple insurances;
- Travel allowances for commuting to and from work;
- Most importantly you would work for an organization that strives to have a positive impact on society, helping to develop future leaders in the hospitality industry
Hotelschool The Hague works with a 40-hour workweek. The starting date for this position is as soon as possible depending on the notice period of the applicant.
The work location for this position is in The Hague, but you are willing to work at our school campus in Amsterdam when needed.
Additional information can be provided by Ms Chantal Newton email@example.com student counsellor.
An English language proficiency test may be part of the selection procedure. Upon receiving an offer, a certificate of conduct (VOG) is required.
How to apply
We look forward to receiving your English CV and motivation letter. Kindly submit your CV and motivation letter to the attention of Ms. C. Kloos, Corporate Recruiter.
To apply please send your cv and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org