Team Leader Practical Education Food and Beverage – Service (Campus The Hague)
You will join a multidisciplinary team of professionals in a challenging but friendly environment. The school community is international, which means both the educational programme and all business communication are done in English. Hotelschool The Hague has developed an excellent reputation over 90 years; the result of the structured & innovative educational programme and the experience and quality of our staff, instructors, and lecturers.
General function description
You will coordinate the practical education in our various restaurant concepts, including creating schedules for both instructors and students, making agreements with suppliers, coordinating with other practical educational outlets. At the Hotelschool, second-year students who have completed their internship, manage the first-year students during their practical education in the F&B facilities. The team Leader manages and supports the instructors which coach and supervise both these groups and train the students in the field of F&B service.
Your tasks and responsibilities are to coordinate the instructors to ensure they provide adequate high-level instructions to the students. In addition to instructors guiding and supporting students, they are responsible to observe and evaluate the students’ performance. You coach the instructors to reach for excellence and guide their professional development. You will also be responsible to contribute to the development of the Practical Education programme.
- A Bachelor degree or intermediate vocational education graduate (MBO-4 level) with professional and intellectual skills at Bachelor level;
- A minimum of 5 years work experience as a manager or team leader in different fields of service; Fine-Dining Restaurants, Bar, Banqueting and or Events.
- Familiar with a range of contemporary restaurant concepts;
- A qualified coach and experience in supervising staff or students;
- A team player; within our team this means that you are a flexible, committed, trustworthy, innovative and a convincing colleague;
- Willing to work irregular hours late and early shift and occasionally during the weekends;
- Excellent verbal and written command of both Dutch and English; An English language proficiency test will be part of the selection procedure.
- An affinity with education
- service minded with an eye for detail;
- knowledgeable about food and beverage service-related products;
- innovative in regard to trends in the F&B industry to continue the development of our practical education;
- good social and communicating skills;
- good at planning & organising;
- responsible and able to take ownership;
- ability to deal with stress;
- good coaching skills,
- a team player but able to work independently;
- shows initiative;
Hotelschool The Hague offers a salary based on scale 9 the labour agreement of Universities of Applied Science (CAO HBO) with a range between € 3.018,49 and € 4.1458,87 gross per month, depending on your professional experience and qualifications.
In addition, Hotelschool The Hague offers:
- A 13th month;
- An excellent package of fringe benefits;
- Employees with a 40-hour working week are entitled to 428 hours (53 days) of leave annually with retention of salary;
- Excellent opportunities for further personal development;
- Compensation towards your health insurance expenses;
- Option to make use of group discounts for multiple insurances;
- Travel allowances for commuting to and from work;
- A pension plan through ABP;
- Most importantly you would work for an organisation that strives to have a positive impact on society, helping to develop future leaders in the hospitality industry.
Hotelschool The Hague works with a 40-hour workweek. The starting date for this position is as soon as possible depending on the notice period of the applicant.
The work location for this position can be either our Campus in Amsterdam and/ or Campus The Hague but mostly Campus The Hague.
Additional information can be provided by Stefan Hollen firstname.lastname@example.org
An English language proficiency test may be part of the selection procedure. Upon receiving an offer, a certificate of conduct (VOG) is required.
How to apply
We look forward to receiving your English CV and motivation letter. Kindly submit your CV and motivation letter to the attention of Ms. C. Kloos, Corporate Recruiter.
To apply please send your cv and motivation letter to email@example.com