Apply for Bachelor in Hospitality Management
Hotelschool The Hague has a vibrant student community from all over the world. Students interested in submitting an online application are welcome to join our intakes every August and February. To apply to Hotelschool The Hague, please register through Studielink first. You will receive an automatic response from Hotelschool The Hague within five weekdays, including a direct link to our application form.
Application journey - Step by step
In order to submit your application you need to register via Studielink first. This is the national information system for Dutch universities of applied sciences (Hogescholen), research universities, and the Education Executive Agency (Dienst Uitvoering Onderwijs). You can access Studielink 24 hours a day and seven days a week to enroll or to cancel your enrolment.
Please do not forget to cancel your enrolment in case you are no longer interested in applying for Hotelschool the Hague.
1. Log in to Studielink and create/log in to your account.
> If you are a resident of the Netherlands:
Log in with your personal DigiD code. If you do not yet have a DigiD code, you can request one at DigiD. Kindly note that it can take up to 5 working days before your DigiD request has been processed.
> If you are not resident in the Netherlands:
Request a user name and password via Studielink.
2. Submit an enrolment request
Select “New enrolment request” and follow the instructions given.
3. After submitting your enrolment request
Hotelschool the Hague will receive your Studielink registration automatically and will start processing it. You should immediately receive an email from Hotelschool the Hague including a direct link to the registration form in our system called OSIRIS. Please submit your application at your earliest convenience. Completing the online application form will take you about 45 minutes.
Please make sure all documents are…
- in English
- in PDF
- original and official
Required documents are:
- A copy of your passport or European ID card (front and back of ID card).
- A copy of your diplomas and most recent final grade lists. If you have not yet obtained your diploma we require an official copy of your most recent grade list or school report. (We only accept official documents provided by your school)
- Contact details of your school and student counselor (if available).
- Motivation letter (maximum 2 A4 pages) and resume in English. Reference letters from former employers (if applicable)
> Dutch applicants:
- A copy of your proof of enrolment for an Economics / M&O course or certificate, if applicable (Dutch applicants with a HAVO C&M diploma without Economics or M&O).
- A copy of your proof of enrolment for a language course or certificate, if applicable (Dutch applicants with a HAVO/VWO or MBO-4 diploma without a second foreign language).
> International applicants:
- A copy of your TOEFL, TOEIC, IELTS or Cambridge test results, if applicable. (International applicants who have not followed at least two years full time education with English as the language of instruction in the preceding three calendar years).
- Grade lists/diplomas need to be provided in the original language. An official English translation needs to be added in case the original language is other than Dutch, German or French.
If you cannot attend the selection day, please let us know as soon as possible via e-mail (email@example.com), preferably at least one week prior to the selection day. You are kindly requested to also state the reason why you are unable to attend.
- Completing the online application form will take about 45 minutes
- After creating your account in Studielink the link to the application form will be send in an e-mail. Do not forget to carefully complete the form in order to complete your application for Hotelschool the Hague. Kindly note that your application is only valid if we received your Studielink registration together with your completed application form including all documents.
- If you do not receive the e-mail, please ensure you check your junk mail.
- We aim to review your application within 3 to 4 weeks after the submission. You will receive an automatic email once your application has been processed.
- Please do not forget to cancel your enrolment in Studielink in case you are no longer interested in applying for Hotelschool the Hague.
- More questions regarding Studielink? Please refer to the Studielink Q&A section.
Candidates who have applied and met the entry requirements will be invited to a Selection Day. These days are held in the Netherlands and abroad.
If you meet the admission requirements, we will invite you to start our selection procedure so we can discover more about your abilities and reasons for applying.
We highly recommend attending the selection procedure on campus. This will give you a chance to visit our campus, meet members of our faculty and staff, and talk to students. Due to COVID-19 measures and restrictions, your visit on campus will last two hours. If you’re unable to join us on-campus, don’t worry: we also have an online selection procedure.
The selection procedure consists of three different parts:
1. Online testing
You need to participate in three online tests, to be completed at home:
- Numerical test
- Oxford English test
- Knowledge test
Use the selection interview to share your enthusiasm for joining our programme and your passion for the hospitality industry. Interviews last approximately 30-40 minutes.
3. Case study & role-play
We will send you a business case to prepare. You will be asked to participate in a role-play activity related to this business case during the interview.
In the coming 4 to 6 weeks following your selection day, you will receive the outcome of your application. Where applicable, you will need to accept the offer and you'll be contacted by Hotelschool The Hague about the following steps and your arrival at Skotel.
Frequently asked questions
Our application portal opens on 1 October 2021 for applications for the 2022-2023 academic year. You can apply at any time, but keep in mind that if you apply early, you’ll have a better choice of Selection Days and will receive a decision sooner.
We have a limited number of scholarships available to international applicants. More information is available in our prospectus or you can join our Fees & Funding Q&A session.
Every accepted student receives a place in our Skotel in their first year. No additional application is needed for this.
Those invited to a Selection Day will receive an invitation to our webinars on how to prepare for the day. You can also attend our Selection Day online Q&A session or read our student blogs to get some useful preparation tips from our ambassadors.
Yes, you can submit an application using your predicted grades or your most recent transcript of grades. You will be asked to provide a copy of your high school degree prior to joining Hotelschool if your application is accepted.