Jury member at the EHMA Sustainability Award 2022 (21-03-2022)
The EHMA Sustainability Award is awarded in co-operation with Diversey to an EHMA member who successfully implemented innovative sustainability projects during the previous year. This year, Markos Tzamalis, General Manager of Cretan Malia Park, Malia, Crete, Greece is the winner of the EHMA Sustainability Award 2022.
Every year, EHMA and Divesey present a sustainability award to the Hotel Manager who most successfully implemented innovative sustainability and social responsibility projects during the previous year.
A jury comprised of Verena Radlgruber-Forstinger (EHMA 1st Vice President), Daniel Daggett (Vice President Corporate Sustainability at Diversey) and Arjan van Rheede (Senior Research Fellow in Sustainability, Hotelschool The Hague) chose this year’s winner. The selected candidates were:
- Stephan J.A.B. Stokkermans – Grand Hotel Huis ter Duin, The Netherlands
- Ezio Indiani – Hotel Principe di Savoia, Milano, Italy
- Markos Tzamalis – Cretan Malia Park, Malia, Crete , Greece
- Fernando Rojo – SHA Wellness Clinic, Alicante, Spain
- Antonio Pellegrino – Vivosa Apulia Resort, Ugento, Lecce, Italy
- Stratos Patsakis – Minos Beach art hotel / Bluegr Hotels and Resorts, Agios Nikolaos, Crete, Greece